Oral thrush is known as oral candidiasis. Many people get pain, redness, difficult to eat and lose appetite. It can be treated by medications but side effects of them are unavoidable. Fortunately, there are several natural ways to help you get rid of oral thrush. These methods will help to relieve the symptoms and treat infection causing oral thrush.
Here are top 3 home remedies to treat oral thrush.
Salt is one of the most effective home remedy to deal with oral thrush during its outbreak stage. 1% saltwater is harmless to children so you can you it for your child. Salt helps reduce the intensity of the symptoms briskly.
- Dissolve 5 milliliters of salt in 200 milliliters of warm water. What you should do is to gargle inside your mouth, then spit it out, but remember not to swallow.
- Another simple way is you can keep some salt under your tongue for several minutes in and rinse it soothingly by warm water to clean the salt with your fingers. Do this 3-4 times daily until you are happy with the results.
- If you want to apply this to your child, you should use small gauze wrapped into salt water. Then wipe the child’s mouth gently, from inside to outside.
Coconut oil is the next great home remedy to control Candida infection. This kind of oil can help remove fungus and relieve discomfort relate to oral thrush.
- The simplest way to treat by coconut oil is to apply it directly under your tongue and around inner your mouth area by the cotton gauze.
- You also can soak and the oil every morning around 5 minutes and ejects that oil out of your mouth. Then you brush your teeth as you do everyday to keep a good oral hygiene. This is very important to reduce the development of infection.
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
Based on the results of a study on American Oral Research Journal, it is found that 5 percent of sodium bicarbonate is strongly effective against Candida albicans.
- What you need to do is to put small amount (1 to 2 spoon of baking soda) into a little bit water to create a paste. Clean your mouth with water after a few minutes. By doing this, you can get the best result in some weeks.
- You also can take 50 g of sodium bicarbonate in a cup of boiled water, stirring to dissolve it till you get insoluble fluid (called saturated) then put into jars, to use daily.
Note: Remember not to ingest baking soda because it can trigger some health problems.